Newcastle upon Tyne
Phone: 0191 277 4100
Limited free parking available on-site.
The East End Library is now open and includes Customer Service, which was previously on Shields Road.
The library will be open:
Monday 10.00 - 18.00
Thursday 10.00 - 14.00
Friday 10.00 - 17.00
Saturday 10.00 - 14.00
Please note: the public computers are automatically turned off 15 minutes before closing time.
If we are not open remember you can renew and reserve items, chat to a librarian and access other helpful resources on the online 24 Hour Library.
We share the same building as the East End Pool and Gym. We have level access and ramps to all areas.
The car park is free and is reached from Shields Road via Potts Street.
- Book lending service to adults and children, covering fiction, non-fiction and large print.
- Reading group
- Graphic Novels collection
- Language CDs collection
- Foreign language books
- Newspapers and magazines
- Foreign language newspapers and magazines
- DVDs for hire
- Free internet access
- Printing - black and white, colour
- Photocopying - black and white, colour
- Scanner available
- Community information
- Leaflets on local attractions
- Internet taster sessions
- Class visits
- Work Club (Friday's10.00 - 11.30, please note this club is unstaffed, PC's and Resources are available)