Newcastle City Council are currently looking at ways to support people to develop self and custom build homes in the city.
Self and custom builders can come from all walks of life, including:
- young people keen to get onto the housing ladder, with self-build being an affordable option for their first home
- families needing more space and wanting a larger property that is bespoke to their needs
- retired people wanting to downsize or build their dream home
- DIYers looking for a project to sink their teeth into
- groups of people wanting to build homes and communities together
Whatever your motivation, whether you are a total novice or someone with plenty of experience in the construction sector, self-building can be an accessible route to a new home.
If you have any queries on self-build, custom build or community led housing in Newcastle please contact Cath Scaife on 0191 277 1459 or email email@example.com