Our Electrification of Heat project aims to show the feasibility of a large-scale roll-out of new heat pump technology in Great Britain.
It is a partnership between energy supplier E.ON and Newcastle City Council, funded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, with support from social housing provider Your Homes Newcastle and charity National Energy Action, which campaigns to end fuel poverty.
In 2020 to 2021 we provided full funding to support more than 300 households in Newcastle to take positive steps towards a greener, lower carbon future, while enjoying the efficient heating, hot water and comfort that every home needs.
Households who took part in the project benefitted from:
- A free heat pump and installation worth on avg £7,000
- A seven-year manufacturer’s warranty
- New hot water tank and radiator upgrades for free
- Free cavity wall & loft insulation to improve the energy efficiency of their home
- Free post installation support; including their first annual heat pump service and breakdown cover for one year
- Free smart heating controls and a heat pump monitoring package.
- Free, independent energy and tariff advice.
More about the electrification of heat project
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.