Children in care
There are lots of reasons why some children have to live away from home for a period of time. These reasons may be ill health of a parent, a family crisis, the child's behaviour or because a child may be at risk if they remain living at home.
Foster carers and your child's education
If you are a foster carer this section will help you to support your children with their education.
- School system
- Support services: additional support available for your child
- Personal education plans (PEP)
- Your child's learning and development
- Post 16 education, employment and training
- Special educational needs (SEN)
Find out what we do to improve the outcomes for children in our care.
LAC reviews are meetings to get people together to share information and make plans about a child's placement.
Leaving care support
Leaving care can be an exciting but also uncertain time as young people may feel there is no-one to help. We will help to plan your after care support.
Find out how we can provide opportunities for young people to become engaged with sports, arts and culture and leisure activities.
How to make your voice heard
Find out more about your rights and how to make your voice heard. We can help make sure that someone's voice is heard.
- Voices for choices
- Let us know what you think of Children's Services
- Advocacy for looked after children