At Newcastle City Council, we appreciate what a tough job foster caring is, but with the right support and dedicated team around you, together we can make an extraordinary difference to the lives of children. That's why we offer the following support to our carers:
- 24/7 Telephone Support - there is always a duty team to contact, day or night
- Your own experienced Supervising Social Worker who will be your first point of contact once approved and will conduct regular supervisions. The child has their own social worker
- A generous fee and a substantial allowance for the child & car mileage
- We have a dedicated Placements Team to match our children with the right fostering families
- You will have access to an experienced Child Psychotherapist
- Access to dedicated Resource Workers who can support children in your care in and out of the home
- A comprehensive training package & professional developmental opportunities
- 28 days paid respite care
- A community of foster carers who can support and advocate for you, as well as regular opportunities to attend foster carer support sessions hosted by a team manager
- A calendar of engagement activities for you to enjoy
As well as this, should the child or young person have additional health, educational or social needs, the foster carer can get support from other council staff specialising in areas like education and health.
We do all we can to help you care.
If you'd like to find out more about fostering, contact us today. There are children waiting for you.