The type of fostering that's right for you will depend on your experience and personal circumstances. There are several different kinds of foster care with Newcastle City Council:
- Mainstream Fostering (short & long-term including siblings & teenagers)
- Respite & Emergency Foster Care
- Build a Future & Change a Future
- Short breaks for children with disabilities
- Supported Lodgings
- Community Fostering
- Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME)
- Parent & Child Fostering
- Unaccompanied Asylum-seeking Children (UAS)
- Friends and Family Fostering
Each scheme has slight differences and it may be possible to be approved for more than one type of fostering at any one time.
It is important to note, however, that you can only be a foster carer with one provider at a time and cannot be a foster carer with us and a supported lodgings carer with another organisation, for instance.
You do not need to choose the exact type of fostering scheme before your enquiry. Our Recruitment & Engagement Officer and our social work staff will be happy to provide more information about the various schemes at the point of enquiry or as you progress through the assessment process.
If you live in the North East of England within 50 miles of Newcastle and you'd like to become a foster carer, please complete our fostering enquiry form , call 0191 277 2430 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org