Adoption in the North East
It takes a real somebody to adopt a child.
Newcastle Adoption Service is looking for families in the North East for children from a wide range of backgrounds. They could be children from black and ethnic minority backgrounds, children with complex needs and sibling groups of children.
We welcome applications from all sectors of the community in the North East, so you could be pleasantly surprised. All you really need is a big heart and plenty love to give.
Each open evening will take place from 7pm at the Civic Centre in Newcastle, please report to Main Reception where you will be greeted by a Social Worker who will take you to one of the Council's Committee Rooms.
- Thursday 17 May 2018
- Thursday 5 July 2018
- Thursday 6 September 2018
- Monday 15 October 2018 (National Adoption Week)
- Thursday 18 October 2018 (National Adoption Week)
One of our social workers will contact you to talk to you more about adopting a child through the Newcastle Adoption Service, or you can contact us directly.
How can we help you?
- I'm looking to adopt
- I'm a member of a birth family
- I've recently been adopted
- I was adopted as a child
Our pledge to prospective adopters is that we will send out an information pack to you within 5 working days of your enquiry. We will also invite you to an information evening within two months of your initial enquiry and arrange a follow up interview once we have received your completed enquiry form.
Phone: 0191 211 6777
Other information you might be interested in
- Are you thinking of having your child adopted?
- What happens when you are adopted by a new family
- Adopting a child from abroad
- Adopting a step-child
- Adopting a child from another country