Noise and atmospheric pollution on construction and demolition sites

Contractors, developers, architects, utilities and others who are undertaking works in the City of Newcastle upon Tyne should read our guidance on noise and atmospheric pollution.

Environmental permitting

The council is responsible for issuing permits under Part A(2) and Part B of the Environmental Permitting Regulations. Apply for a Part A(2) or Part B permit.

Please note: This information has no legal force and is not an authoritative interpretation of the law, which is a matter for the Courts. It is intended to help everyone to understand in general terms, the main features of the legislation. The information is not a substitute for the legislation and you should refer to the text of the legislation for a full statement of legal requirements and obligations. Where appropriate, you should seek your independent legal advice.

For further information contact: Environmental Protection service, Directorate of Operations and Regulatory Services, City of Newcastle upon Tyne, Civic Centre, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8QH.
Phone: 0191 2787878

Page last updated: 
21 August 2018
1 Start 2 Complete
Was this page useful?