What is the 'Keep it Clean' super hero campaign?
Four Northumbria University students have been shortlisted in a special Public Relations competition that was set by Newcastle City Council to see if they could design a super hero who could help clean up the city.
The third-year students are from the University’s BSC (Hons) Communication and Public Relations course; and they were whittled down from twenty-one colleagues who pitched from the same course.
They had to research the brand and its capabilities that included doing some questionnaires and surveys, devise their idea and then pitch it to a panel of six judges; who were marking on content, delivery, presentation and overall understanding of the 'Keep it Clean' product.
The 'Keep it Clean' campaign is aimed at encouraging behavioural change amongst people who litter, fly-tip and don’t pick up after their pets in Newcastle.
Now it is up to the public to decide the overall winner, as we have opened the floor out to the people of Newcastle and beyond to cast their vote and choose their favourite concept. The young people have recorded a 30-second video clip each pitching their idea in a nutshell which you can find on our Facebook page.
Read more about each campaign below, view each character design and vote for your favourite one here!
Eco Lass – One City, One Mission, Play Your Part
- Eco Lass wants people to ‘stop ruining the Toon’ with rubbish, and keep residents from living in a tip!
- You can see Kate's Eco Lass character design by clicking here (pdf, 46.97kb)
- If Eco Lass is your favourite 'Keep it Clean' super hero, vote for Kate here!
Operation Bin-Bam - Keep it Clean you Filthy Animal!
- Bin-Bam is on a mission to change people’s filthy behaviour and ‘keep it clean!’
- You can see Samantha's Bin-Bam character design by clicking here (pdf, 87.91kb)
- If Bin-Bam is your favourite 'Keep it Clean' super hero, vote for Samantha here!
- Canny Clean wants rubbish ‘taken care of’ and is happy to take your unwanted junk!
- You can see Stacey's Canny Clean character design by clicking here (pdf, 37.18kb)
- If Canny Clean is your favourite 'Keep it Clean' super hero, vote for Stacey here!