An in year admission is when a parent wishes to apply for a place at a school outside the normal admissions round. The “normal admissions round” covers going into Reception for the first time or transferring at the end of first/primary school into the next age phase, i.e. middle/secondary/high school.
This guidance aims to help parents and carers through the process of deciding which schools to apply for and making an application for an in year school place.
- Latest school vacancies (pdf)
- Apply here for a school place in year
- Information to consider before making an in year application
- Communicating the outcome of the application - what next
- General information about education in Newcastle
You may also find the following useful
- Applying for places in nursery schools and nursery classes
- Applying for reception class places
- Applying for transfer places - moving from a first school to a middle school, moving from a primary school to a secondary school or moving from a middle school to a high school
- Published arrangements for admission to Newcastle schools
- Glossary of admission terms (pdf)
- Statutory annual admissions report
- Free home to school travel