List of approved venues

The list below shows which venues have been approved in the city for civil ceremonies, including civil marriages and civil partnerships. You should provisionally book your chosen venue and then contact us to ensure that we have registrars available. We will then confirm your booking.

We are happy to attend ceremonies at approved venues on any day including Bank Holidays.  We offer various ceremony times on different days, commencing from 11am through to 4pm.  We try to personalise each ceremony to meet your individual needs. The only restriction is that the ceremony cannot have any religious content.

Please click on the venue name below for further information.

Civic Centre ceremony rooms
As You Like It
Assembly Rooms
Best Western New Kent Hotel
Biscuit Factory
Blackfriars Restaurant
Boiler Shop
Britannia Hotel
Caledonian Hotel
City Tavern
Copthorne Hotel
Crowne Plaza
Discovery Museum
Great North Museum: Hancock
Grey Street Hotel
Holiday Inn, Jesmond Road
Hotel du Vin
International Centre for Life
Jesmond Dene House
Laing Art Gallery
Mansion House
Marriott Gosforth Park Hotel
New Northumbria Hotel

Newcastle Castle

Newcastle Falcons Rugby Club
Newcastle Racecourse
Newcastle United Football Club
North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers
Novotel Newcastle
Royal Station Hotel
Theatre Royal
The Clayshed, Hoults Yard
The County Hotel (Formerly known as Mercure Newcastle County Hall)
The Secret Tower
Thistle Hotel
Tyneside Cinema
Vermont Hotel
Wylam Brewery at Palace of Arts

Registration as an approved venue for civil ceremonies

In order to become an Approved Venue for civil ceremonies, including civil marriage and civil partnership, a building must be licenced by the local authority. A licence would normally be granted for three years and would then need to be renewed. An approved venue must be a permanent structure and must meet minimum standards of suitability. An inspection of the building by the local authority and other agencies would form part of the licencing process. To become an approved venue, please apply for a Marriage and Civil Partnership premises licence on our licences and permits web page.

For further details, please contact us.

Page last updated: 
21 September 2018
1 Start 2 Complete
Was this page useful?