This Commissioning and Procurement Plan sets out our direction of travel and provides guidance so that the benefits of the Council's external spending is maximised.
We recognise that effective commissioning and procurement is key to delivering our priorities. We have clear priorities to ensure that our efforts and resources are directed where they need to be to ensure the greatest impact.
Procurement decisions are considered from a social, economic and environmental perspective, to ensure fairness and a sustainable future for the city.
Commissioning and Procurement Plan
- Commissioning and Procurement Plan (pdf, 635kb)
- Appendix 1 - Impact and Performance Measures (pdf, 431kb)
- Appendix 2 - Commissioning and Procurement Structure (pdf, 137kb)
- Appendix 3 - Social Value Outcomes Framework (pdf, 126kb)
- Appendix 4 - Procurement Rules Flowchart (pdf, 158kb)
- Appendix 5 - Evaluation Roles and Responsibilities (pdf, 128kb)
- Appendix 6 - Delegated Officers (pdf, 113kb)
- Commissioning and Procurement Improvement Plan 2017-18 (pdf, 27kb)
- Commissioning and Procurement Improvement Plan 2016-17 (pdf, 19kb)
Our Commissioning Intentions sets out our most significant commissioning and procurement exercises that we intend to carry out, including when we anticipate beginning a commissioning conversation with the market. The document will be refreshed 6 monthly so that stakeholders can more easily plan for and engage in the very early stages of the commissioning design process.
Our Commissioning Intentions are derived from our wider Contract Register (see section below) where you can see details of all existing contracts which we expect to come to an end for the next three years. The information in the Contracts Register is only ever indicative, but gives a good sense of what is likely to be happening and when.
- Commissioning Intentions - September 2017 (pdf, 94kb)
- Commissioning Intentions - March 2017 (pdf, 76kb)
- Commissioning Intentions - September 2016 (pdf, 289kb)
The links below take you to the Council's Contract Register, detailing contracts that are due to expire over the next 3 years. You can search the list for expiring contracts, details of the current provider, and the indicative internal review date for each contract.
Below is a link to contracts we have awarded in the last financial quarter.
- Awarded Contracts Q2 2016-17 (xlsx, 27kb)
- Awarded Contracts Q3 2016-17 (xlsx, 24kb)
- Awarded Contracts Q4 2016-17 (xlsx, 24kb)
- Awarded Contracts Q1 2017-18 (xlsx, 26kb)
You can view a live list of contracts that are out to advert or that have been awarded at any time by visiting the link to our NEPO contract register below. Simply select Newcastle City Council from the buyer list, and enter the dates you wish to look at online here.