Superfast broadband is zooming in to supercharge our city, making it one of the best-connected spots in the UK.
Whether you run a business or use the internet at home, you can find out here what superfast broadband can do for you – and how to get access to it in Newcastle.
There’s advice, information and details of how local businesses can apply for a free voucher worth up to £3,000 towards installing superfast broadband.
Go Digital Newcastle is run by Newcastle City Council for everyone in the city, to help create jobs and boost the local economy.
Better broadband will mean our city will be one of the best connected in the UK and will help transform our economy. Faster broadband speeds will allow businesses to reach new markets and products. This will happen by:
Improving broadband connection in the city
We have appointed BT to help us increase access to fibre broadband in Newcastle from 92% to 97% by summer 2015. Find out more about what Go Digital Newcastle will bring for residents.
Cloud Innovation Centre
The Cloud Innovation Centre is a joint initiative between Newcastle City Council and Newcastle University’s Digital Institute.
It is an independent resource which will equip regional businesses with the skills and tools necessary to exploit the benefits of cloud technologies and big data analytics
Through a team of cloud technology experts, the Cloud Innovation Centre:
- Partners with innovative organisations looking to upskill around the cloud agenda.
- Supports corporate agility to help accelerate regional growth.
- Addresses skills gaps through collaboration and knowledge transfer.
- Supports and identifies new business opportunities through research and development.
- Acts as a test-bed for new applications and service delivery models.
Better Wi-Fi and wireless access
£2m is being invested across the following three programmes:
- Improving wireless access across the city with some parts benefitting from free Wi-Fi.
- Providing free to use Wi-Fi in a network of our public buildings for residents and businesses.
- Extending this Wi-Fi provision to key community buildings as well as those that are council owned.
Follow us on Twitter - @GoDigitalNCL
Visit the website - www.godigitalnewcastle.co.uk