Help may be available to help you meet the cost of your council tax. The amount of help you could receive is based mainly on who lives with you and the total amount of money you have coming into your household. Even if you own your own home, you may still be able to receive help with your council tax.

Council Tax Reduction could help you pay your council tax if you're on a low income. Council Tax Reduction can pay for part or all of your council tax and you can apply whether you're unemployed or working.

More information

Page last updated: 
25 February 2019
Was this page useful?