What you can expect from us
This customer service charter sets out the standards of customer service you can expect from us.
- treat you fairly and with respect;
- offer a friendly, professional and polite service;
- treat you according to your needs;
- listen to you;
- try to get things right first time;
- keep you informed about the services we provide;
- give you the opportunity to have your say about our services;
- provide easy-to-understand information;
- respect your confidentiality;
- give you our name, or wear a name badge; and
- show you our identification card when we visit you at home.
- see you within five minutes of you arriving;
- see you within 10 minutes of your appointment time;
- answer the phone or textphone within five rings; and
- reply to your letters and emails within 10 working days.
- provide tidy, clean and safe buildings for you to visit;
- offer you a private interview if you want one;
- make other arrangements to see you if you cannot visit our office; and
- arrange for an interpreter, or British Sign Language/English interpreter, where one is needed.
We welcome your comments and we will deal with any complaints positively. We will try to sort out any problems as soon as possible. If we cannot sort it out, you can make a complaint in writing. Please visit our Corporate Complaints pages for more information.