Reporting Racist and Homophobic incidents - third party reporting centre
Hate crime such as racist, homophobic, religious or transphobic incidents should not happen, but they still do. Nobody should suffer because of who they are and nobody should put up with it. You can do something about it.
If you, your family or friends are having problems because of your 'race' or skin colour, this is a racist incident.
If you, your family or friends are having problems because of your sexuality, this is homophobia.
Some types of these incidents, such as verbal abuse and threats are obvious. Other examples, such as damage to your property, bullying or rude gestures are harder to identify.
If you believe you have experienced a racist, religious, homophobic or transphobic incident, even if you have no proof, report it.
ARCH is working to stop hate crime in Newcastle.
- You can report a hate incident to ARCH. ARCH are third party reporting centres for hate incidents.
- We are a group of organisations working together to get the right help to victims, and to take action against the attackers.
- Everyone involved in ARCH will believe you and deal with an incident in the same way.
- You decide what happens to your information, for example it can go to Victim Support and not to the police. You simply say yes to those you want help from.
How is ARCH different?
- With just one telephone call you can get help from a range of organisations including: Your Homes Newcastle, the police, Victim Support, the Private Rented Project, NomadE5, Shelter, Streetwise, Connexions , mesmac and Outpost.
- We all work together to get the best support to you and take action against the attackers.
- If you do not want to give your name and personal details you do not have to.
Phone 0800 032 3288
This is available 24 hours a day and is free.
There is a translation service to over 100 languages.
You can report something that has happened to you, to someone else or about something you have seen.
Call into an ARCH Incident Reporting Centre. You can report to:
Any Your Homes Newcastle housing office across the City.
Any Newcastle City Council Customer Service Centre
Any School in Newcastle
Victim Support, Quaker House, Jesmond - phone: 0191 281 3791
Student Advice centre, Newcastle University Students Union
Northumbria University, Sutherland Building, City Campus - 0191 227 4968 Coach Lane Campus - 0191 215 6493
Private Rented Project, 91 Tamworth road - phone: 0191 273 6103
Shelter, 41 Tamworth Road - phone: 0844 515 2252
North Benwell Management Initiative, 80 Ellesmere Road - phone: 0191 277 1476
North England Refugee Service, Bigg Market - phone: 0191 222 0406
ACANE, 1 Raby Cross - phone: 0191 265 8110
Streetwise Northeast, 35 Groat Market - phone: 0191 230 5400
Mesmac Northeast, 11 Nelson street - phone: 0191 233 1333
Outpost - phone: 0191 281 0099
We are opening new report centres all the time, so keep an eye out for our posters.
If you are a reporting centre and you would like to report an incident please click here.
If you would like more information about ARCH please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 0191 277 7833.