At our Customer Service Centres (CSCs) you can access a range of services and information from council and other public services all under one roof.
By working with partner agencies like the NHS and Your Homes Newcastle we can provide you with easy to use, joined up services based in your community. Here are some examples of some of the services you can get in our centres:
- Make council tax enquiries;
- Pay your council bills by cash, cheque, card or postal order;
- Enquire about council tax and housing benefits;
- Make environmental enquiries about bin collections, bulky rubbish collections, litter and street cleaning, street lighting, pest control, grass cutting and trees;
- Apply for new and replacement disabled person's parking permits or blue badges;
- Find out about and apply for free school meals and home to school travel;
- Get information on and apply for Newcastle City Council jobs; and
- Cash a council cheque
We have a network of five CSCs across Newcastle:
At Gosforth Library and Customer Information Zone, customers can access council services over the web or via the telephone. Members of staff are on hand to support customers making online council transactions.
All our centres aim to be easily accessible to customers, providing the following facilities:
facilities for people with impaired hearing;
audio and visual queueing systems;
PCs for customer use with free internet access;
private interview rooms;
comfortable waiting areas;
access to language interpretation services;
children's play equipment; and
freephones to other council departments and key public services.
We regularly ask you for feedback on the services we provide and have made some changes based on your suggestions, follow this link to find out more about the customer research we have conducted, follow this link to find out more about our performance statistics. As well as this we work to engage the community about face to face, phone and electronic contact with the council by holding Community Focus Groups.
If you would like to speak to a supervisor, please ask a member of staff while you are in the centre.