At our Customer Service Centres (CSCs) you can access over 100 council services and information.
Here are some of the services you can get in our centres:
- Make council tax enquiries.
- Pay your council bills by cash, cheque or card.
- Enquire about Council Tax, Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit.
- Make environmental enquiries about bin collections, bulky waste collections, litter and street cleaning, pest control and trees.
- Apply for new and replacement disabled person's parking permits or blue badges.
- Find out about and apply for free school meals and home to school travel.
- Get information on and apply for Newcastle City Council jobs.
- Cash a council cheque.
We have a network of four CSCs across Newcastle:
We also have a cashiering outlet at Walker Centre, Church Walk, from Monday to Friday. Payments can be made at the Kenton Centre on Fridays only from 8.30am to 4.30pm. Find out how to make payments online, over the phone or by using PayPoint instead. If you would like to speak to a supervisor, please ask a member of staff while you are in the centre.
Please check our opening times carefully as some Customer Service Centres and cashiering facilities will close for one day a week, but customers can still make enquiries with YHN staff about YHN issues.
All our centres aim to be easily accessible to customers, providing the following facilities:
Facilities for people with impaired hearing.
Audio and visual queueing systems.
PCs for customer use with free internet access.
Private interview rooms.
Comfortable waiting areas.
Access to language interpretation services.
Children's play equipment.
Freephones to other council departments and YHN Offices.
At Gosforth and Kenton Libraries there is a Customer Information Zone, where customers can access council services over the web or via the telephone. Members of staff are on hand to support customers making online council transactions.
We regularly ask you for feedback on the services we provide and have made some changes based on your suggestions.
- Find out more about the customer research we have conducted,
- Find out more about our performance statistics.
As well as this we work to engage the community about face to face, phone and electronic contact with the council by holding Community Focus Groups.