Library closure notice
Jesmond Library will close on Saturday 29 June 2013 as part of Newcastle City Council’s three year budget strategy.
Borrowed items can be returned to any Newcastle library or Café 1901.
Your nearest libraries are:
- Gosforth Library, Regent Farm Road, NE3 3HD
- City Library, 33 Newbridge Street, NE1 8AX
Discussions are currently taking place with community groups who may want to run this library.
St George's Terrace
Newcastle upon Tyne
Phone: 0191 277 4100
Fax: 0191 278 4217
View library location in Newcastle Maps Online
Monday: 9am - 8pm
Tuesday: 9am - 5pm
Thursday: 9am - 5pm
Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Please note: the public computers are automatically turned off 15 minutes before closing time.
If we are not open remember you can renew and reserve items, chat to a librarian and access other helpful resources on the online 24 Hour Library.
Accessibility information about Jesmond Library from DisabledGo.
Services at Jesmond Library
- Free book lending service to adult and children covering fiction, non-fiction and large print
- Free internet access
- Self-service facility
- Music CDs for hire
- Adult and children’s DVDs for hire
- Free access to peoples network computers for adults and children
- Printing - black and white, colour
- Photocopying - black and white, colour
- Scanner available
- Fax service
- Newspapers and magazines
- Community information
- Local history resources
- Information about local attractions
- Local bus timetables
- Exhibition space for hire
- Community room for hire
- Local publications for sale
- Weekly storytime
- Study space
- Electronic magnifier for the visually impaired
- Tyne Bridge Publishing books for sale
- Regular reading groups
- Lifelong Learning courses
- Internet taster sessions
- Baby changing facility
Activities at Jesmond Library
- Councillors surgeries: North Jesmond Ward - 3rd Saturday every month, 10am - 11am, South Jesmond Ward - usually every three months on a Saturday (contact the number above to confirm the date).
- Storytime for under 5s: 2.15pm - 2.45pm term time only
- Reading groups: 3rd Monday of the month 6.30pm - 7.45pm and 4th Monday of the month 6.30pm - 7.45pm
- Internet taster sessions: Monday 2pm - 3pm and Friday 2pm - 3pm sessions must be booked
- Craft sessions for over 5s during school holidays check with library for dates and times places must be booked.
Return to list of Libraries