The council is generally responsible for structural repairs to council homes although some repairs are the responsibility of the tenant. We rely on you to inform us if work is needed so that we can keep your properties in good repair.
Newcastle City Council is currently carrying out it’s biggest ever housing investment programme. Internal and external improvements are being made which will ensure that all council homes meet the Decent Homes Standard as required by the government.
Top tasks in this section
Pages in this section
- Decent Homes Standard >
- Home modernisation - council properties >
- Housing repairs - communal areas >
- Housing repairs - council property >
- Housing repairs - decoration and disturbance allowances >
- Housing repairs - emergency out of hours repairs >
- Housing repairs - rechargeable repairs >
- Modernisation Schemes >
- Overdue Repairs - discretionary allowance >
- Surveying (major repairs) >