Top tasks in this section
- Online bin calendar >
- Sign up for garden waste collections >
- Report a missed bin collection, fly tipping >
- Changes to your bin collections >
- Request a bulky waste collection >
Pages in this section
- Bin and Waste Collections >
Contains lots of information on recycling, refuse and garden waste bins including our handy online bin collection day finder. It also contains information on how to book a bulky collection for larger items and hazardous waste.
- Blue Recycle bins >
What recyclable materials are collected?
- Garden waste collections >
The garden waste collection service offers residents an easier and convenient way to recycle garden waste.
- Fly tipping >
Fly tipping is the unauthorised dumping of rubble, household refuse and other waste.
- Home Composting >
find out more on buying compost bins and how to compost.
- Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) and Recycling Points >
Conveniently located points around the city where you can take your rubbish for recycling. Find out where they are and what materials are accepted. You can also dispose of non recyclable waste at a HWRC. Any newcastle residents wishing to take their household waste to a HWRC using a commercial vehicle or a trailer will need to apply for a tipping permit.
- Reusing and Recycling A to Z >
An A to Z of items you can reduce, reuse or recycle.
- Recycling and Waste Education at Schools >
Educating the values of waste sustainability.
- Rewarding your recycling >
Until June 2013 you will have the chance to win a prize to the value of £250 in a monthly prize draw just by recycling more!
- Sandhills Composting Centre >
Newcastle City Council facility that shreds and composts collected garden waste to produce a high quality soil conditioner.
- Syringes >
Contains advice on what to do if you find a syringe.
- Recycling contact >