Did you know that our School Choice Adviser can assist you with your online application?
A School Choice Adviser provides advice and support to the families of children due to start primary school or transfer to secondary school.
A visit can be arranged for parents or carers at school or another suitable venue to discuss your child's need. Support is also available for parents or carers completing school place application forms and we can assist with online applications.
School Choice Advisor support form
Information which may be discussed with the School Choice Adviser includes:
- how admissions system works
- admissions policies for different types of schools
- how the appeals procedure works
- performance and value-added data
- school OfSTED reports
- oversubscription criteria
- school profile
- ethos, special facilities etc
- special needs policy and provision - if applicable
- school curriculum - including details of the school's specialism if a specialist school
- time of the school day and term dates
- travel details
- uniform policy
- school charging policy for school trips and activities.
For further information please contact:
School Choice Adviser
Families Information Service
Newcastle upon Tyne
Phone: 0191 277 4133
Choice Advisor support form