Top tasks in this section
- Free school meals >
- Help with childcare costs >
- Bursary scheme for 16-19 >
- Free school travel permits >
- Post 16 travel >
Pages in this section
- Are you claiming all the benefits you are entitled to? >
Even if you work, you may be entitled to financial support towards your child’s education or childcare.
- Personal Travel Budgets >
For parents or carers of children with additional needs who are eligible for travel assistance.
- Private nurseries - nursery grants >
All children become eligible to receive the nursery education grant in the term following their third birthday.
- Travel to school arrangements >
- School clothing grants >
The local authority is not able to provide financial assistance towards the purchase of clothing for school.
- Disabled students allowance >
This allowance has been designed to help disabled students study on an equal basis with other students.
- Student awards >
Financial assistance towards the cost of tuition fees to students attending a full time higher education course.
- Student loan >
Students and parents can apply online and check the progress of their application through the Student Finance website.
- Youth Opportunity Fund (YOF) >
YOF supports projects that give a choice of safe, enjoyable places to relax and socialise. It is available for young people aged 13-19 years.
Useful external websites
- Learner support help line >
Call the learner support helpline for information and advice.