Newcastle Skills Centre facilities are available to schools, local businesses, community groups and learners.
What is Newcastle Skills Centre?
Newcastle Skills Centre combines state-of-the-art facilities and expertise to provide learning opportunities to schools, the local community, local businesses and Newcastle learners.
Some of our aims:
• improving access to, and use by pupils and adults to the latest education technology
• improving attainment levels through the use of technology
• increasing staying on rate
• reducing truancy figures
• improving employment prospects
Workshops that we offer
We can offer schools and educational establishments a series of taught workshops which support and enrich the curriculum. These include:
- Media and Design (Video based, Digital Print, Animation)
- Computing (Programming with Raspberry Pi, 2D and 3D adventure gaming, Makey Makey and Lego Robotics)
- Curriculum bespoke (Star Wars themed, Battle of Britain Bunker, The Lady and the Lamp…)
Newcastle Skills Centre is approved to offer the following NCFE awards:
- NCFE level 1+2 award in preparing to work in the film industry
- NCFE level 1+2 certificate in preparing to work in the film industry
- NCFE level 1+2 extended award in preparing to work in the film industry
- NCFE level 1+2 certificate in moving image production
We provide a selection of activities that schools can participate in every academic year. You can find out more about our selection of packages and services by logging onto the Services to Schools portal www.servicestoschools.org.uk
Booking the Meeting and Conference Room Facilities
Newcastle Skills Centre offers a number of meeting spaces and conference rooms to hire. We have 3 iMac suites, a soundproof multimedia theatre which seats up to 98 delegates, a TV Studio and Recording studio.
Take a look at our Conference and Meeting Room brochure for prices and more information.
We can offer discounted rates to local government agencies and charitable organisations – please contact our Business Development Officer to discuss further.
Business Development Officer
Phone: 0191 2782963
Home to the Dynamo IT Apprenticeship Hub
Baltic Training in partnership with Dynamo / Accenture group is running a series of 15 week Rising Stars programmes which offer an intensive IT skills training course with technical content aimed at preparing young adults for their first role in the IT sector based at Newcastle Skills Centre. Training includes a wide range of IT skills from Networking, Web Design and Computer Programming along with Microsoft qualifications.
Those who successfully complete the course are then given the opportunity to progress to a paid, full time 12 month Level 3 Apprenticeship with a local IT employer. The intention is to bridge the gap between education and the IT industry.
They are looking for candidates who are:
• 16-18 years old who have good qualifications up to level 2 standard
• Keen interest in IT
They will offer:
• £20 week travelling expenses
• £20 week lunch allowance
• Work experience
• IT skills, training and qualifications
• Guaranteed interviews for those who complete the programme
• Support into careers with some of the leading employers in the sector
On completion of the programme candidates will be put forward for one of the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship Opportunities in one of the following sectors: Software Development, IT Technical Support and Social Media and Digital Marketing.
Read more about the hub:
For more information please contact Pippa Gard, email@example.com
How can I contact Newcastle Skills Centre?
Newcastle Skills Centre (formerly Newcastle CLC)
Newcastle upon Tyne,
Tyne and Wear,
Phone: 0191 278 2963
Fax: 0191 298 3152