This section is aimed at parents and carers of Newcastle children whose children will transfer from first, primary or middle school in September 2015.
Moving school can be an important step for your child and we realise it can be a difficult and stressful time for you both. Newcastle City Council co-ordinates admissions to all Newcastle state schools and academies and we aim to make the system as simple as possible.
Students will be notified of their school place after national offer day on 2 March 2015. For more detail on when and how you find out, go to Offer day and beyond. If you applied online, you can accept or reject your place online by logging into School Admissions Online
The closing date for applications for children due to transfer to middle, secondary or high school in the school year starting in September 2015 was 31 October 2014.
Read the following guidance carefully before making an application for a transfer place. Click here to apply for a school place.
Transferring to middle, secondary or high school in September 2015
- Do I need to apply for a transfer place?
- How do I decide which schools to apply to?
- How do I apply?
- How do you process my application?
- Offer day and beyond
- Directory of Newcastle schools
- School finder - find my nearest school
- How places were allocated in previous years and outcomes of appeals
It should not be assumed that there will be no changes affecting the relevant arrangements.
Applications for moving to a new school in September 2014 are now classed as in year transfers.
Have you considered free school meals, home to school transport and school uniforms? Take a look at the other information relating to school admissions.
Help and advice
If you would like further information and advice before, during or after the offers process, please return to this section of the website.
Some of the words or terms may be unfamiliar to you, like "admission authority" or "state school". Our glossary of terms will provide an explaination of what most of these terms mean.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0191 278 7878 and ask for School Admissions.
Writing to: Admissions and Information Service, Newcastle City Council, Room 225 Civic Centre, Barras Bridge, Newcastle, NE1 8QH.
If your child does not live in Newcastle, you should contact your own local authority for advice on applying for a school place, see neighbouring local authority.
Download a full version of the admissions guidance
- Applying for school places in year
- Applying for post 16 study (school sixth forms)
- Formal arrangements for admission to Newcastle schools
- School admissions - customer service, comments and complaints
- Data protection and security statement
- Statutory annual admissions report
- The UK education system: how Newcastle schools are organised