This section is aimed at parents and carers of Newcastle children whose children will start in a reception class in September 2015.
Starting school can be an important step for your child and we realise it can be a difficult and stressful time for you both. Newcastle City Council co-ordinates admissions to all Newcastle state schools and academies and we aim to make the system as simple as possible.
Read the following guidance carefully before making an application for a reception school place.
The closing date for applications for children due to start school in a reception class in the school year starting in September 2015 is midday (12 noon) 15 January 2015.
Starting school in September 2015
- Do I need to apply for a reception school place?
- How do I decide which schools to apply to?
- How do I apply for a reception place?
- How do you process my application?
- Offer day and beyond
- Directory of Newcastle schools
- Find my nearest school
- How places were allocated in previous years and outcomes of appeals
Help and advice
If you would like further information and advice before, during or after the offers process, this website will always contain the most up to date information. You can also contact the Admissions and Information service on 0191 278 7878 (ask for school admissions) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What else should you consider
Have you considered free school meals, home to school transport and school uniforms? Take a look at the other information relating to school admissions.
Download a full version of the admissions guidance
- Booklet: Starting primary school 2015 (PDF)
- Leaflet: Starting primary school 2015 (PDF)
- Applying for nursery school and classes
- Applying for school places in year
- Formal arrangements for admission to newcastle schools
- School admissions - customer service, comments and complaints
- School admissions - data protection and security statement
- Statutory annual admissions report
- The UK education system: how Newcastle schools are organised