The Newcastle Fund Round 4 is now closed to applications. A decision regarding funding will be announced by early December 2013. Download the Round 4 applicant list (pdf, 28KB).
What is the Newcastle Fund?
The Newcastle Fund is a programme of grant aid for voluntary and community sector organisations in Newcastle who work with our communities.
It means the council can support initiatives and projects which are not suitable for larger scale commissioned services, where an organisation delivers a service on behalf of the council (for example to provide social care to vulnerable adults and children). Instead, it is aimed at supporting projects that need smaller sums of money, and where the need for the project comes from the community and voluntary sector.
Download the Newcastle Fund 2013 brochure (pdf, 138KB).
Making an application to the Newcastle Fund
The Newcastle Fund Round 4 is open for applications between 4 September and 4 October 2013. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
We know from previous years that the Fund is often oversubscribed, so applying organisations will need to make sure that the projects they put forward closely reflect the City Council's priorities for the Fund, which are:
Building community resilience
- Helping to create good relations between and a stronger sense of communities, a richer environment and a more local robust economy by inspiring others to positively develop the places in which they live.
- Actively developing local people and making the best use of the many assets for wellbeing and social and economic development that already exist in communities.
- Recognising and building on people's (often untapped) skills, strengths, aspirations and networks and enabling them to be active in improving their own, and others wellbeing and health, rather than passive recipients of others' actions.
Improving individuals' resilience
- Preventing loss of independence and minimising the need for higher cost or crisis interventions.
- Reducing loneliness and isolation or exclusion.
- Helping people to regain confidence and connect to their communities.
- Maximising and protecting the wellbeing of people who belong to vulnerable groups or have long term conditions.
Improving mental and emotional wellbeing across the lifecourse
- Building wellbeing and health literacy so that people can take control over and improve their own wellbeing and health.
- Helping people access the foundations for stability an income, somewhere to live, freedom from excessive debt, and employment opportunities.
- Enabling young people to have a good start in life.
Previous rounds of the Newcastle Fund
We are committed to being open in our grant process, so you can look at details of previous applicants to the Newcastle Fund below:
- Download details of all applicants to the Newcastle Fund Round 3 (pdf, 31Kb).
- Download details of successful applicants to the Newcastle Fund Round 3 (pdf, 32Kb)
- Download details of successful applicants to the Newcastle Fund Round 2 (pdf, 27Kb).
We are committed to regularly evaluating our Newcastle Fund process, to make sure it is the best it can be. We will do this again for Round 4, however, in the meantime, if you have any comments about the process, please let us know by emailing email@example.com
If you have any general enquires about applying to the Newcastle Fund please contact Craig Nicholson on 0191 211 6392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, for specific queries, please contact:
Wellbeing, Care and Learning (Adults and Children) Craig Nicholson
Tel: 0191 211 6392
Communities' Development Andy Eastwood
Tel: 0191 277 2075
Arts and Culture Andrew Rothwell
Tel: 0191 211 5610
Environment and Regeneration Jan Shimmin
Tel: 0191 278 3017
Employability and Skills Lorraine O'Dea
Tel: 0191 211 5012
Community Safety Joanna Ward
Tel: 0191 211 5854