In this section you will find information about how to access support from Children’s Social Care Services and what happens if we get involved with you and your family.
Support groups for children, young people and families can also be found in our online service directory.
Top tasks in this section
- Getting in touch with Children's Social Care >
- Short breaks for children with disabilities >
- Helping children with disabilities >
Pages in this section
- Children who require services from Children's Social Care >
How we can help, and what happens when you contact us about a child in need of support.
- Child protection >
Information for anyone who is worried about a child living in Newcastle. This section also explains our child protection procedures.
- Children with disabilities >
Information about how we assess children with disabilities and what support we can provide.
- Private fostering >
You must inform us if someone other than yourself is looking after your child. You should do this at least six weeks before your child goes to live with private foster parents.
- Common Assessment Framework (CAF) >
A CAF is used to assess what help a child or young person needs on top of the normal levels of support provided by their school and health authority.
- Support groups for children, young people and families >
For a range of support groups and organisations in your area. It provides information for children, young people, parents, carers, health and social care professionals, childcare practitioners including the wider community.
- Join our social work team >
We are looking for people with strong skills, patience and focus who have the determination and commitment to help create a brighter future for children, young people and families in Newcastle
- Recruitment >
For a brief summary of the Vetting and Barring Scheme.
- Inspections, surveys and self assessments >
- Thresholds for social care >
- Young carers >
- Looked after children >
- Adoption >
- Foster a future >
- Childcare >
- Residential care for children >
Useful external websites
- Are you looking for child protection or safeguarding training? >
- Newcastle Safeguarding Children’s Board >
Information about safeguarding children to help you understand child protection and who is responsible for keeping children safe.