Council Tax is a tax that applies to all domestic properties. It is the financial contribution of the city’s residents towards the cost of council services such as education, libraries, highways, street lighting and refuse collection.
Are you having problems paying your council tax? Visit our web page for information about special advice surgeries where staff will give you independent advice, help arrange suitable payment plans, help to maximise your income through benefits and help resolve other debt problems.
Top tasks in this section
- Council Tax changes from 1 April 2013 >
- Ways to pay your Council Tax bill including online payments >
- Request to pay by 12 monthly instalments >
- Apply for Council Tax Support >
- Student Council Tax exemption >
- Register and view your council tax bill online >
- Welfare Reform information (pdf, 700Kb) >
- Download the Council Tax booklet 2013 (pdf, 1.3Mb) - this booklet includes council tax rates for 2013/14